How to make traditional charro beans
In Mexico, you can cook wonders with beans. For example, you can prepare some refried beans to accompany your dishes, or better yet, these appetizing charro beans.
But the charro beans recipe should be the best bean recipe that exists. The combination of beans with different types of pork, and those with the indicated seasonings, gives this dish a lot of flavor. In addition, it is an abundant dish, filling and recommended for cold days.
How charro beans are made
Well, to prepare this delicious dish of Mexico you will need, preferably , bay beans, also called Flor de Mayo.
You will also need dry sausage, smoked sausages or chops, tree chile among other ingredients.
Recipe of traditional charro beans
Tips for the preparation of charro beans h3>
- This recipe proposes the use of dried chorizo to prepare charro beans. If you only get fresh chorizo, then you have to incorporate it into the cooking at the same time as the sausages or chops, or even fry them with the bacon.
- If you use ham between the ingredients, it is better to be chopped in cubes to be chopped into slices.
- You can serve charro beans to accompany roast meats or simply, consume them alone in a bowl or bowl.
- You can add beer to the preparation and convert your charro beans in drunken beans.
- Another option is to add pork rinds to the recipe or turn your charro beans into some pork beans.
- If you have a good amount of beans, you can save them for a considerable time in a closed container, in the freezer.You can use a mixture of the three meats, or two of them, for this recipe. In fact, the recipe for charro beans is very "customizable" regarding the use of meats.
- If you leave the beans soaking during the night, you will shorten the cooking time. If you use a pressure cooker instead of a normal pot, you can have them ready in just half an hour.
- You can also use other types of beans instead of the bayos: Peruvian beans or pinto beans.